Current version: 1.1.3 (20 May 2011)
Install NinjaKit, then install the AA CPM script from userscripts.org.
Install GreaseMonkey, then install the AA CPM script from userscripts.org.
Download and install at the Google Chrome Extensions Gallery.
Cents per mile (CPM) is a common indicator of good value for the frequent flier community when purchasing airline tickets. This extension will compute the CPM for the cheapest economy fares listed on American Airlines’ Price & Schedule matrix at aa.com.
Disclaimer: This extension has been developed by Kyle Duarte, and is in no way provided or supported by American Airlines.
The extension will only run on the Price & Schedule matrix pages at aa.com, and will only compute CPMs for the Economy Super Saver fare column (the left-most one).
The extension assumes distances from GPS coordinates of airports (which may vary slightly from AA’s official flight distances), and adds $9.95 in taxes per segment, up to two segments for those customers purchasing in dollars. Obviously, this assumption is inaccurate for flights to/from AK, HI, PR, USVI, and abroad, but still provides a general guide to compare CPMs by itinerary.
Discussion & Help
Discussion and help are available at FlyerTalk
- Fixed NaN errors when an airport was not in the database
- Firefox support added through GreaseMonkey
- dojo is now *completely* removed
- dojo is buggy when used in Chrome extensions; replaced with jQuery
- Turned off $9.95 tax/segment addition for UK users
- Fixed bug where “Not Available” fares would cause other CPMs to not be calculated