NOTE: Given modifications to aa.com, the AA CPM Extension is no longer functional. I have posted the code to GitHub in case anyone would like to take over development. Please contact me via FlyerTalk or Twitter if you do.
Current version: 1.1.3 (20 May 2011)
Download and install at the Google Chrome Extensions Gallery.
Cents per mile (CPM) is a common indicator of good value for the frequent flier community when purchasing airline tickets. This extension will compute the CPM for the cheapest economy fares listed on American Airlines’ Price & Schedule matrix at aa.com.
Disclaimer: This extension has been developed by Kyle Duarte, and is in no way provided or supported by American Airlines.
The extension will only run on the Price & Schedule matrix pages at aa.com, and will only compute CPMs for the Economy Super Saver fare column (the left-most one).
The extension assumes distances from GPS coordinates of airports (which may vary slightly from AA’s official flight distances), and adds $9.95 in taxes per segment, up to two segments for those customers purchasing in dollars. Obviously, this assumption is inaccurate for flights to/from AK, HI, PR, USVI, and abroad, but still provides a general guide to compare CPMs by itinerary.
Discussion & Help
Discussion and help are available at FlyerTalk
- Fixed NaN errors when an airport was not in the database
- Firefox support added through GreaseMonkey
- dojo is now *completely* removed
- dojo is buggy when used in Chrome extensions; replaced with jQuery
- Turned off $9.95 tax/segment addition for UK users
- Fixed bug where “Not Available” fares would cause other CPMs to not be calculated